The challenges of being a young adult today can make life stressful and overwhelming at times. Without the proper support and coping skills, many young adults can suffer from mental health conditions and a higher risk of substance use disorder. Thankfully, there are young adult rehab programs explicitly designed for the needs of this life stage.
Red Oak Recovery strives to provide the best young adult rehab North Carolina offers. We understand that mental health conditions often accompany addiction, so we provide dual diagnosis treatment run by dually licensed clinicians. Call us today at 828.382.9699 to learn how we help get young adults back on the right path to clean, healthy living.
How to Know When a Young Adult Needs Rehab
It may be challenging to know if you or a young adult you care about needs rehab. Young people are more likely to experiment with drugs and alcohol, and many of them never reach the point of dependency or addiction. So how do you know when normal experimentation has crossed the line into substance use disorder?
Here are some signs that you or a young adult in your life may benefit from rehab:
- Your performance at work or school has declined.
- You are isolating yourself and avoiding spending time with family and friends.
- You are only making time for people with whom you are drinking or doing drugs. All of your social activities revolve around drugs or alcohol.
- Your substance use has led to reckless behavior.
- You are not taking care of yourself. For example, you are not practicing good hygiene or eating regularly.
- Your relationships are suffering. You are fighting with friends and family members or having a difficult time holding down a relationship.
- You feel hopeless about your future.
In such cases, it’s imperative to seek treatment for your substance abuse.
How to Find Young Adult Rehab in North Carolina
As a young adult, you would benefit most from a rehab program designed specifically for this life stage. There are challenges unique to young adults, so a different treatment approach is necessary for optimal results. There are a few ways you can go about searching for a rehab program specifically designed for young adults in North Carolina:
- Perform a Google search for “young adult rehab North Carolina.”
- Visit StartYourRecovery.org. You can browse by state for rehab centers and select “young adults” from the drop-down menu to see a list of facilities with programs for your age range.
- Word of mouth and referrals are the best ways to represent a young adult rehab program accurately. Ask friends, family members, teachers, or coworkers if they have any recommendations. Even if they have not attended themselves, they may know someone who has and can share their experience with you.
You can also seek support from Red Oak Recovery, a treatment center in Leicester, North Carolina. We’re committed to providing addiction treatment for young adult men between the ages of 18 and 34.
The Benefits of Young Adult Rehab Near Charlotte
When looking for young adult rehab near Charlotte, North Carolina, you may be curious how treatment will benefit you. Most young adults entering into treatment have co-occurring mental health conditions and addiction. Attending a young adult rehab program can help you:
- Explore past trauma and examine how it affects how you think and behave today.
- Get to the root of mental health conditions and what may be making them worse.
- Discover what led to your addiction and how you can change your thoughts and actions to help you get clean and stay clean.
- Process trauma, grief, or any other difficult emotions that are standing in the way of your mental well-being.
To learn more about the benefits of young adult rehab, please contact Red Oak Recovery today.
Learn More at Red Oak Recovery
For your best chance at full and lasting recovery, you need the best comprehensive young adult rehab near Charlotte. Red Oak Recovery applies a holistic approach to healing mental health conditions and addiction to improve your outlook for your sober future. To benefit from the unique Red Oak experience, call us today at 828.382.9699.