Alcoholism is a chronic disease that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by a strong desire to drink despite the negative consequences it brings to one’s health, relationships, and overall life. To overcome this disease, it is important to understand the different treatment options available and your alcohol rehab expectations during the recovery process.
Red Oak Recovery® is an alcohol rehab center that specializes in helping people overcome addiction and achieve long-term sobriety. We offer a variety of evidence-based and holistic treatment programs that are designed to meet the needs of each individual. Call 866.457.7590 to learn more today.
When Should You Seek Help at an Alcoholic Rehab?
It is recommended to seek alcoholic rehab when alcohol addiction begins to interfere with one’s daily life and causes significant harm to oneself or others. Some common signs that it is time to seek help include:
- Uncontrollable cravings for alcohol
- Inability to limit alcohol consumption
- Neglecting responsibilities at work, home, or school
- Strained relationships with family and friends
- Financial problems due to excessive drinking
- Health problems related to alcohol use
Realizing that you have a problem with alcohol is the first step in the recovery process. The next step is finding an alcohol rehab center that can provide you with the treatment and support you need to overcome addiction.
Alcohol Rehab Expectations
Alcohol rehab is a comprehensive program that helps individuals overcome alcohol addiction and regain control over their lives. The goal of alcohol rehab is to provide individuals with the tools and resources they need to overcome their addiction, avoid relapse, and lead a healthy, productive life.
During alcohol rehab, individuals will undergo a thorough assessment to determine the underlying causes of their addiction and the best course of treatment. This may include individual and group therapy, medical treatments, and support from loved ones and peers.
One of the key alcohol rehab expectations is that individuals will be expected to participate actively in their recovery process. This may involve attending therapy sessions, completing assigned tasks, and working with a therapist to develop a personalized recovery plan.
Rehab Options for Alcohol Addiction
When you first enter rehab, you’ll go through an assessment to determine your level of addiction and the best course of treatment for you. This will likely include a physical exam, a psychological evaluation, and a discussion of your drinking history and habits.
Here are some rehab options for alcoholic behavior:
- Inpatient rehab: This type of rehab involves staying in a residential facility for a set period of time, typically 30 to 90 days. During this time, individuals receive 24-hour support and treatment from trained professionals.
- Outpatient rehab: This type of rehab allows individuals to receive treatment while living at home. Outpatient rehab typically involves regular therapy sessions and support groups.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This type of rehab is a step down from inpatient rehab and provides a higher level of care than outpatient rehab. Individuals attend therapy and treatment sessions during the day but return home in the evenings.
- Sober living homes: These are group homes that provide a supportive and structured living environment for individuals in recovery. Sober living homes offer a safe, drug-free environment to help individuals maintain sobriety and transition back into daily life.
Rehab can be an overwhelming and emotional experience, but it’s an important step in the right direction. With the right support and resources, individuals can overcome their addiction and lead a life free from alcohol.
Learn More About Alcohol Rehab for Young Adult Men at Red Oak Recovery®
Red Oak Recovery® is a leading provider of alcohol rehab for young adult men. Our program is designed to help individuals overcome addiction and develop the skills they need to lead a healthy, productive life.
At Red Oak Recovery®, we understand that young adult men have unique needs and challenges when it comes to alcohol addiction. That’s why we offer a comprehensive program that addresses the root causes of addiction and provides the support and resources young men need to succeed.
Our program includes individual and group therapy, support from peers, and a range of recreational and educational activities. Call us at 866.457.7590 or fill out our online contact form to learn more.