When something traumatic happens to you, it can be difficult to move beyond it. This can affect the way that you interact in your world. It can make the world feel as if everything is unsafe. Even caring relationships can begin to feel unsafe. You might feel as if you are locked into traumatic events with no way to navigate beyond your past trauma. However, you don’t have to live with that fear from trauma. With Red Oak Recovery®’s trauma treatment programs, you can get the support you need to start healing from trauma. Then, you can live in the present for every precious moment of your life.
Healing From Trauma
Trauma is a highly individualized response for each person who suffers from it. However, trauma research has proven that trauma can remain in your body and your emotional reactions long after the traumatic event. There are many types of events that can cause us to have a traumatic bodily and emotional response. Some of the following events may cause a need for trauma treatment:
- Witness to crime
- Separation from parent
- Violent attack
- Sexual violence
- Verbal abuse
- Domestic violence
- Childhood neglect
You may experience many of these events in your life. Therefore, it is essential to address trauma when you are able. When you have the right coping skills in your life, it can lessen the effect of trauma over time. At Red Oak Recovery®, you can get the trauma treatment that you need to start healing from trauma.
How Can Past Trauma Affect How I Live Now?
Healing from trauma can be extremely difficult to do on your own if you are not equipped with the coping skills to do so. This is why Red Oak can help you to recognize the signs of trauma. Some of the following physical and emotional symptoms can be signs that you are being affected by trauma in your daily life:
- Aches and pains
- Shock or denial
- Fear, anxiety, guilt, or shame
- Mood swings
- Racing heart
- Muscle tension
- Feeling hopeless or disconnected
As you can see, some of these debilitating symptoms can make it very difficult to function in your daily life. This is why trauma treatment is so important.
Tips For Healing With Trauma Treatment
Healing from trauma is something that you can do with the right support. The following tips can help you to heal from your past trauma:
- Take care of your body: Get moving. Get plenty of good-quality sleep. Avoid alcohol and drugs and eat a well-balanced diet. Rhythmic exercises can be beneficial for trauma recovery as they help to steady the mind.
- Take care of your mind: Meditation can be extremely beneficial as it helps teach you how to use breathing techniques to self-regulate your nervous system. Mindful breathing, sensory activities, grounding activities, body scans, and journaling can all help.
- Try not to stay isolated: Reach out to your support system. Know who your support system is. Reconnect with old friends. Join a support group for trauma survivors. Volunteer. Find new group activities to help support your journey back to trusting.
- Seek the right professional treatment: Finding the right therapeutic experience for you is key. Creative therapies can be especially helpful with unlocking past trauma that you have little access to.
Trauma treatment with Red Oak offers you an individualized experience with caring and knowledgeable professionals. Our trauma treatment programs help you to find new ways of coping and support you in your journey to healing.
Heal Your Past Trauma With Red Oak Recovery®
Heal your past trauma today with Red Oak. Our comprehensive trauma treatment will help you meet and exceed your treatment goals. Our multidisciplinary staff understands the roots of trauma and can guide you to a better understanding of your trauma so that you can recover. Call us today at 828.382.9699 to learn more about our trauma treatment programs. Healing from trauma is possible today with the help of Red Oak Recovery®.