Mental health treatment, management, and care are now beginning to gain the attention and media coverage they need. While there is still a stigma around this topic, more are feeling comfortable seeking out the help they need for their mental health. However, you should never settle for the care you receive regarding your mental health. Instead of believing that your only options are Mount Pleasant SC mental health treatment programs, do your research thoroughly. Through research, you might find that a mental health treatment center in Asheville NC is best.
Common Mental Health Disorders
Educating yourself about common mental health disorders can better prepare you when you seek out treatment. Before you search for Mount Pleasant SC mental health treatment programs, do your research about mental health disorders.
Some of the common mental health disorders include:
- Anxiety- An anxiety disorder can come in many different forms. General anxiety disorders cause feelings of constant worry and panic without any real cause. A social anxiety disorder creates stress during social encounters and situations. This disorder can make everyday activities challenging because you’re always thinking about the worst-case scenario.
- Depression- While everyone feels sad or upset sometimes, those struggling with depression are sad constantly. Depression can make individuals lack the energy to do simple tasks. Periods of depression can also last for months at a time.
- PTSD- Post-traumatic stress disorder often occurs in individuals who experience trauma. For example, soldiers returning from war tend to struggle with PTSD. Victims of natural disasters, violence, and accidents can also struggle with PTSD.
Are Mount Pleasant SC Mental Health Treatment Programs Right for Me?
While there are available Mount Pleasant SC mental health treatment programs, these might not be ideal for you to receive the best chance at maintaining long-term sobriety and recovery. Many treatment centers use more traditional approaches to mental health treatment without incorporating newer methods that are backed by research. While conventional talk therapy is still useful, you can also benefit from the more modern techniques for the best possible treatment. Mount Pleasant also does not provide a serene wooded environment where new therapies like wilderness and adventure therapy can take place. These options allow individuals to learn more about themselves and their mental health while participating in fun, challenging activities.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment with Red Oak Recovery
Don’t think Mount Pleasant SC mental health treatment programs are right for you? Head to Red Oak Recovery instead. We provide a variety of mental health programs along with dual diagnosis treatment, including the following:
- Grief counseling
- OCD treatment
- Trauma treatment
- Anxiety treatment
- Depression treatment
- Mood disorder treatment
We also offer:
- 12 step addiction recovery
- Addiction therapy services
- Holistic healing