Many young adults today are facing stress and pressure like never before. During this time, individuals face changes and choices that are very important. The current economic climate can make decisions that were once simple seem more dire and life-changing. From choosing a career, to buying a home, to starting a family, young adults have a lot on their plate. This extra stress can cause a serious strain on a person’s mental health. If you are feeling out of control when it comes to your mental well-being, you may need mental health treatment. While mental health treatment programs in Charleston SC are available, it might not be the ideal choice.
Common Mental Health Disorders
There are a number of different mental health disorders that individuals struggle with. Understanding the different types of disorders can help you find the treatment you need. Some of the more common disorders include:
- Depression- While everyone tends to feel sad at times, depression causes individuals to struggle with feelings of intense sadness and despair. Those suffering also tend to lack the motivation to perform daily tasks like eating or getting dressed.
- Anxiety- Those struggling with an anxiety disorder tend to have feelings of worry, stress, or panic on a daily basis. For some, certain phobias or activities create feelings of anxiety. For others, the anxiety occurs without warning or reason.
- PTSD- Post-traumatic stress disorder stems from experiencing a traumatic event. Those struggling tend to have flashbacks of the event and experience crippling anxiety or stress.
If you begin to notice an inability to function properly in your daily life, you may need to seek out help for your mental health and well being. However, it’s important to weigh all options before choosing one of the mental health treatment programs in Charleston SC.
Should I Choose Mental Health Treatment Programs in Charleston SC?
While South Carolina offers numerous treatment facilities for mental health issues and needs, they may not be your best choice for help. Young adult mental health programs in NC can also provide the support you need in a setting that promotes healing and recovery.
Before you make a decision, decide what you need from your treatment. Heading to a center in North Carolina might make the difference between traditional and ineffective treatment versus more modern techniques that work. Leaving your home for a residential facility can also help you remove stress from your life while working through treatment.
Heading to Red Oak Recovery® in NC
Red Oak Recovery® in Leicester, North Carolina provides the mental health programs young adults need today. Our behavioral therapy options include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
We also treat a variety of mental health disorders as well as substance abuse issues. Instead of settling for mental health treatment programs in Charleston SC, contact Red Oak Recovery® at 866-457-7590.