The holidays are a time for friends and family to come together and celebrate. Whether you’re celebrating for religious reasons or you are simply celebrating the end of the calendar year, the holidays take a special place in many people’s hearts. However, it can also be a time when you’re struggling with your drug and alcohol use. In such cases, it may be worth considering going to rehab during the holidays. A drug and alcohol rehab center can provide support as you put an end to your addiction and give you the opportunity to start the new year in a healthier fashion.
At Red Oak Recovery®, we want to pick you up and help you overcome your addiction to drugs or alcohol. At our young adult rehab, we provide experiential and evidence-based treatment options to help the young men in our care through their recovery journey. You don’t have to go through another holiday season battling substance use. Call Red Oak Recovery® today at 866.457.7590 to learn about the benefits of going to drug rehab during the holidays.
Why Should You Go to Rehab During the Holidays?
Being in rehab during the holidays is tough – but it may also be crucial to your long-term sobriety. Food and alcohol-laden parties can be tricky to navigate. Plus, there’s the added stress and emotions from ramped-up family time. And, if you don’t have close family ties, you may also be struggling with feelings of loneliness.
For these reasons, many rehabs strongly discourage leaving the facility for the holidays. The temptation to relapse is just too strong.
Think of it this way: Getting help and being somewhere safe at holiday time is the best gift you can give to yourself and your loved ones. And just remember: You won’t be in rehab forever!
In the meantime, try some of these steps to make the most of the days ahead:
- If possible, ask a loved one or friend to come to visit and spend a few hours with you.
- Arrange a time to Skype or Facetime with your family or friends, even if you can’t see them in person.
- Find out if it’s possible to bake cookies or a favorite holiday treat with the staff.
- Use this time to do a little extra work on your recovery. This way, you’re a step closer to being able to go home.
- Write letters or make cards for your loved ones. Fill them in on your recovery or holiday wishes.
- Get involved. Whether there’s a gift exchange or volunteer opportunity, seek out and participate in whatever holiday activities are offered at the rehab.
- Take some quiet time and reflect on all that you have to be thankful for this season.
Benefits of Seeking Drug and Alcohol Rehab During the Holidays
One of the primary benefits of attending our young adult rehab during the holidays is a lower staff-to-client ratio. Many people are reluctant to leave their loved ones at the best of times. However, this can be beneficial to you. You can get more intensive support, giving you the opportunity to address the challenges you face. Other benefits of seeking rehab during the holidays include:
- Avoiding situations that could trigger a relapse
- Preparing for other sober celebrations
- Being around other people who want to celebrate in recovery
- Giving your loved ones the gift of yourself getting sober
- Committing to long-term recovery
It’s okay if you’re nervous. The team at Red Oak Recovery® will be with you to support you and guide you.
Seek Support at Red Oak Recovery®
If you or someone you love is struggling with substance use disorder or addiction, call 866.457.7590 to speak to an enrollment specialist and begin your journey toward recovery today. We offer a range of treatment programs, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Stimulant addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
We are available 24/7, every day, including holidays. Season’s greetings from Red Oak Recovery®.