ECO therapy is a type of therapy that uses nature to help people heal from substance use disorders and avoid relapse. This type of therapy can help people connect with the natural world, providing a sense of peace and calm. Red Oak Recovery® offers ECO therapy as part of our holistic addiction therapy services for addiction recovery. To learn more, please contact Red Oak Recovery® today at 866.457.7590.
What Is ECO Therapy?
ECO therapy, also known as nature therapy, is a form of treatment that uses nature to heal and improve mental health. ECO therapy is based on the idea that humans have an innate connection to nature. As a result, being in nature can have a positive impact on a person’s mental and physical health.
ECO therapy can take many different forms, but some of the most common activities include hiking, gardening, and spending time in natural settings. There is a growing body of research that supports the idea that ECO therapy is an effective treatment for a variety of mental health conditions, including:
- Substance use disorder
ECO therapy is a relatively new field, but it is growing in popularity. This is likely because ECO therapy has been shown to treat mental illness and substance use disorders effectively.
Some studies found that participants who took part in ECO therapy activities showed improvements in their symptoms, including decreased rumination, worry, negative self-beliefs, intrusive thoughts, avoidance, and hyperarousal.
How ECO Therapy Works
ECO therapy works by increasing exposure to nature. This exposure can have a constructive impact on your mood and mental state by providing a sense of social connectedness. When our clients are in nature, they are often surrounded by other people. This social interaction can help reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness, improving mental health.
This type of experimental therapy works by providing a sense of awe. When people are in nature, they can be awestruck by the beauty around them. This sense of awe has been linked to productive mental health outcomes, including increased happiness and life satisfaction.
Types of ECO Therapy
There are many different types of ECO therapy, but some of the most common activities include:
- Hiking is a great way to get outside and get some exercise. It can also be a way to connect with nature and feel a sense of peace and calm.
- Gardening is a clinical therapy activity that can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. Gardening can also help improve physical health and well-being.
- Adventure therapy is a type of therapy that uses activities, such as camping, and canoeing, to help people’s mental health.
- Wilderness therapy is a type of ECO therapy that uses nature to help people heal from mental illness and substance use disorders.
Complementing Clinical Therapy with ECO Therapy
It is no secret that mental and physical health are interconnected. When someone is physically healthy, they feel better mentally and vice versa. This is why it is important to find a balance between the two to achieve optimum health.
Clinical therapy focuses on a more traditional approach to mental aspects of health, while ECO therapy focuses on the physical and environmental. Both are important in their own right, but they can also complement each other perfectly.
For example, someone struggling with anxiety may find relief through clinical therapy, which can help identify and manage the root cause of the problem. However, ECO therapy can also be beneficial in reducing anxiety levels. By spending time in nature and connecting with the natural world, clients can feel more grounded and at ease.
In an increasingly fast-paced and stressful world, it is essential to find ways to unwind and relax. For many people, clinical and ECO therapy can provide the perfect balance.
Why Choose an Organic Therapy Approach?
There are many reasons to choose an organic therapy approach to treatment:
- It offers an accessible treatment option that is available to people of all ages and abilities.
- Organic therapy has easy-to-implement treatment options that can be done in a variety of settings.
- The treatment can be used in conjunction with other treatments.
- It is a highly effective treatment option that has been shown to improve mental health.
- It provides a distraction from cravings and thoughts of using drugs or alcohol.
- Clients feel a connection to something bigger than themselves, which can be helpful for those who are struggling to find meaning in life.
Learn More at Red Oak Recovery®
Red Oak Recovery® offers an organic therapy approach as part of our therapy for addiction treatment. Our services in Asheville, NC, can help you heal your mind, body, and spirit. Contact us today at 866.457.7590 and understand more about our experimental therapy for addiction treatments.