If you are searching to find the best mental health treatment centers in South Carolina, that probably means that you or someone you love is experiencing severe depression, anxiety or schizophrenic symptoms. Along with these symptoms often comes abuse of substances such as alcohol, opioids like heroin and Percocet as well as cocaine and others. That’s why all of the best mental health treatment centers in South Carolina will include services for people with dual diagnoses.
Basic Introduction to Mental Illness Types
There are several general types of mental illness. They don’t necessarily run in families although some do, and you may receive a diagnosis with more than one at the same time. Some of the most common include the following:
- Depression: a low feeling that often includes guilt, low self-esteem, sleep problems, agitation and sometimes suicidal thoughts and actions
- Anxiety: worry, tension or fear about what is going to happen; this group of disorders includes panic disorder, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Phobia: long-lasting fear out of proportion to the danger that impacts your daily life
- Eating disorders such as bulimia, anorexia, and binge eating disorder. These also often include low self-esteem, addictive behaviors, and a distorted body image
- Bipolar disorder: including episodes of depression and extremely elevated mood that can fluctuate wildly
- Schizophrenia: includes hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thoughts or speech and disconnection, and isolation
- Personality disorders: characterized by your long-held attitudes and behaviors that cause serious problems in your life
The best mental health treatment centers in South Carolina will assist you in diagnosing and treating these conditions to minimize their impact on your ability to function.
Addiction and Mental Health
Sometimes people use substances as a way to medicate themselves against the symptoms of mental illness that are bothering them. For instance, people take cocaine to counteract depression and opioids to calm their anxiety. Unfortunately, while this practice might initially have the desired effect, it is not a lasting cure. That’s because you can quickly become accustomed to the original dosage of the drug, which prompts you to take more. As time goes on, addiction can occur in many people, especially those who are already vulnerable because of their mental health difficulties. Seeking treatment from one of the best mental health treatment centers in South Carolina can often be the best way to stop the deadly partnership between addiction and mental illness.
Best Mental Health Treatment Centers in South Carolina or North Carolina
Red Oak Recovery is proud to provide mental health treatment programs in North Carolina. We understand that mental illness and substance use often occur together. Therefore, our unique, gender-separated program is staffed by caring professionals who understand trauma, addiction, and mental health issues. While addressing substance use with proven therapies, we also help you to achieve physical and psychological well-being. Our services include the following:
- Thorough nutritional, psychiatric, clinical and physical evaluations
- Proven individual and group substance use therapies
- Experiential wilderness-focused program to promote life skills, teamwork and physical health
- Specialty in treating clients with dual diagnosis
- Understanding of young adult-specific concerns
A lifetime of promise and opportunity awaits you. Red Oak Recovery can give you the insights, skills, and tools that can enable you to embrace your full potential and lead a life of health and recovery. Contact Red Oak Recovery today at 866-457-7590 to take the first step.