Trauma and substance use are often interconnected for men and can affect emotion regulation, interpersonal functioning, parenting/family relationships, and physical health. The desire to self-medicate past trauma can manifest with substance use, sexual promiscuity, and other high-risk behaviors. Unfortunately, unresolved trauma can result in chronic relapse, as underlying pain continues to plague one’s healthy self. That’s why a trauma treatment program for men is so important. To learn more about young men’s mental health treatment in NC, call us today at 828.382.9699.
What Is a Trauma Treatment Program for Young Men?
Trauma treatment for young men is a highly specialized and comprehensive form of therapy that prioritizes the identification and healing of underlying traumas that may be intricately linked to substance use and other self-destructive behaviors.
These programs are thoughtfully designed to cater specifically to the unique experiences, needs, and challenges faced by young men, considering factors such as developmental stages, societal pressures, and gender-specific issues. By providing a safe and supportive environment, these programs empower young men to navigate their healing journey, fostering resilience, personal growth, and long-term recovery.
Components of a Trauma Treatment Program for Young Men
Various components make up trauma rehab, including:
- Individual therapy: This involves one-on-one sessions with a therapist to address specific traumas and develop coping skills.
- Group therapy: Group therapy provides a safe space for individuals to share their experiences, learn from others, and build a support network.
- Family therapy: Trauma can impact not only the individual but also their family. Family therapy helps to address and heal any strained relationships or dynamics.
- Holistic therapies: These may include activities such as yoga, meditation, and exercise to help individuals regulate their emotions and cope with trauma in healthy ways.
- Education: Learning about the effects of trauma on the brain and body can help individuals better understand their experiences and how they may be connected to substance use.
- Aftercare planning: A trauma treatment program should also include aftercare planning to ensure individuals have ongoing support and resources once they complete the program.
These all serve to create a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses the root causes of trauma and substance use in young men.
Trauma Treatment in Asheville, NC
As the setting for our men’s rehab program, Red Oak Recovery® is a special place for men to heal their entire body, mind, and spirit. We utilize multiple trauma treatment modalities during our young adult rehab programs to tap into the strength of each individual man, with specially trained staff to guide him toward successful trauma recovery.
It is with compassion and understanding that we attempt to heal others. Our trauma-informed treatment program was specifically designed to combine the highest quality, leading-edge, and state-of-the-art, evidence-based trauma care with the most nurturing and thoughtful approach. We consult with renowned trauma expert Judy Crane, LMHC, CAP, ICADC, CSAT-R, to train our clinical team—many of which are certified trauma therapists.
“To discover the who, and why, the what, and how of our life is a journey that takes courage, resilience, compassion, desire to change, desire to understand, and willingness to stop the pain, despair, confusion, and sadness,” says Crane. At Red Oak, thoughts like these inform our trauma rehab program every day.
Get the Help You Need Today
At Red Oak Recovery® in Asheville, NC, we provide a transformative journey for men, guiding them toward rediscovering their true selves. Our trauma treatment center empowers and fosters connection through a range of engaging activities and comprehensive clinical work.
By equipping young men with the necessary skills, we empower them to overcome trauma and addiction, ultimately enabling them to become the best version of themselves. Our dedicated team is committed to supporting and guiding each individual throughout their personal growth and recovery process. Call us today at 828.382.9699 or contact us online to begin your journey.