From the late teens through the twenties, the period of young adulthood is a time filled with significant changes. Many young adults are moving out of the family home for the first time and taking on financial responsibilities and full-time employment. Life changes, whether good or bad, can provoke anxiety and stress. Individual counseling can help young people through these changes and give them the tools they need to handle new experiences in a healthy manner.
At Red Oak Recovery, we understand the unique challenges that crop up during young adulthood. We also know how they can result in mental and emotional struggles. Our individual counseling programs are specifically designed to give young adults a safe space to talk through their problems and learn how to manage stress. Call us today at the 828.382.9699 to learn how our individual counseling can help guide young adults through the transition into independent adulthood.
The Benefits of Individual Counseling for Young Adults
You may think counseling is only for people who have experienced major traumatic events in their life. However, individual counseling can be beneficial to just about anyone experiencing stress or emotional struggles. Many young adults are dealing with unprecedented levels of stress and mental health conditions. Enrolling in an individual counseling program designed for young adults can offer many benefits:
- Developing coping skills: Many young adults struggling with their mental and emotional health benefit from gaining healthy coping skills. They can use these to deal with their problems in a constructive way.
- Having a safe space to explore your problems: Individual counseling sessions are confidential. Therefore, you can feel comfortable talking about issues you may otherwise avoid with friends and family.
- Improved relationships: Young adult counseling acknowledges the importance of relationships with family and friends and teaches how to set and respect healthy boundaries.
- Better performance at work or school: As you learn how to manage distress in your life, it is less likely to interfere with your daily responsibilities.
- Increased confidence: Individual counseling can help guide you through the transition to adulthood. In addition, it can give you the confidence you need to navigate a responsible, independent lifestyle.
For more information about the benefits of this type of treatment, please consider the men’s individual therapy program at Red Oak Recovery.
Finding the Best Individual Counseling North Carolina Offers
When you are on the hunt for individual counseling in North Carolina, you need to know what to look for in a counseling program for young adults. Here are some tips for finding the right individual counseling program for you:
- Look for a program appropriate for your life stage. The needs of young adults differ from those of children and older adults. Choosing a program that treats young adults can help you get the best results.
- Look for counselors that have experience with your particular mental health concerns. For example, if you suffer from trauma, you will want to work with trauma-informed counselors.
- Learn which types of therapy are available at the mental health center to see if they resonate with you. For instance, if you have anxiety, you may be interested in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or exposure therapy.
- If you have a co-occurring mental health condition and substance use disorder, you may benefit most from dual diagnosis treatment, which addresses them together. You may want to find clinicians that have experience with mental illness and addiction.
- Ask family, friends, or teachers for their recommendations for a reputable individual counseling program in North Carolina.
To find the right treatment for your needs, you can read online reviews for different individual counseling programs. Learning about the experience of others can give you a better idea of what to expect from that program.
Red Oak Recovery Offers the Support You Need
Without healthy coping skills, young adults may suffer from mental health conditions and substance use. At Red Oak Recovery, we understand the importance of counseling during this stage of life. Give us a call at 828.382.9699 to get started with individual counseling near High Point, NC.