Alcohol addiction is a severe health issue currently plaguing the young male population. The pressures and societal expectations young men face today are compounded by the health and economic uncertainties due to the coronavirus pandemic. This pressure is beginning to boil over and increase the need for reliable alcohol rehab treatment options. If you’re currently looking for alcohol rehab for young males near Charlotte, NC, please reach out to Red Oak Recovery today at 828.382.9699.
Do I Need Alcohol Rehab Treatment?
You may need to decide whether you or someone you care about is struggling enough to require professional alcohol addiction treatment. Alcohol use takes many forms, but when considering the possibility of alcohol addiction in you or a loved one, you should keep specific signs in mind to help make an assessment. Some signs that you or a loved one has an alcohol addiction include:
- There is a considerable preoccupation with obtaining and consuming alcohol at the expense of other aspects of life
- Alcohol use has harmed relationships or the ability to form new ones
- Alcohol use has significantly altered your social habits
- New relationships with people who have nothing in common with the individual other than drinking alcohol
- A steep decline in personal hygiene or general health habits
- A lack of responsibility, leading to severe consequences such as job loss or dropping out of school
- New struggles with depression or anxiety
- Drinking to function normally, socially, or professionally
- Unusual new drinking patterns, such as drinking alcohol upon waking up, drinking before going to sleep at night, or skipping lunches and meetings in the daytime to drink
- Binge drinking regularly
- Experiencing episodes of lost time or blackouts
- Cognitive decline
- Profuse sweating, clamminess, pale skin, or other physical signs
- Frequent hangovers
- Uncharacteristic treatment of those close to you, such as displaying sudden angry outbursts that don’t fit the circumstances
Every case of alcohol addiction will differ in severity and the urgency for professional alcohol addiction treatment. The more signs of alcoholism seen in a particular individual, the higher the probability of an alcohol addiction, which requires professional treatment.
What to Look for in an Alcohol Rehab Treatment Center near Me
Alcohol addiction is incredibly toxic to the body over a long period, eventually causing many mental and physical symptoms. While alcoholism is a severe disease, it can also directly cause other conditions, such as fatty liver disease, cirrhosis of the liver, and cancer. Due to the severity of this disease, it’s crucial to ensure you’re getting the best treatment for yourself.
You may want to look for an alcohol addiction rehab center near you by focusing on the facility’s quality and type of care. Proper addiction treatment is crucial. Getting the disease of alcoholism under control as quickly as possible is the goal, but it is just as necessary to make sure that treatment will stick. Statistically, longer treatment times make the chance of a successful long-term recovery much more likely. A few characteristics you should be looking for in an alcohol treatment rehab for young males include:
- A facility that focuses treatment on the specific issues facing young men today
- Comfort with your surroundings and staff that is knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate
- Be sure that specific therapies such as medication-assisted treatment are an option if that’s what you’re looking for
- A clinical staff that can address co-occurring mental disorders or additional addiction issues
- An adequate variety of therapy options ensures you get the very best treatment plan for you and not a one-size-fits-all treatment plan
- A price that your family can afford so that you can complete treatment comfortably
If you’re looking for a treatment center that offers all of these benefits, then you may benefit from treatment at Red Oak Recovery.
Find Treatment at Red Oak Recovery
Young men today are fighting substance use disorders at an alarming rate. If you or a loved one in the Charlotte, NC area struggles with alcohol addiction, you’re not alone. Red Oak Recovery is here to help you in your recovery journey today. Please call us at 828.382.9699 for more information about a treatment plan that can work for you.