Addiction affects people from every single walk of life. It does not discriminate based on race, gender, or socioeconomic status. Addiction is a chronic affliction characterized by a persistent and intense urge to use, despite substantial harm and other negative consequences. While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment, individualized care in addiction recovery is essential to the success of any addiction treatment program.
Red Oak Recovery®’s addiction therapy programs are designed to meet the unique needs of each individual client. Our evidence-based and individualized programs ensure that each client receives the best possible care. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, we encourage you to reach out for help. The first step is always the hardest but also the most important. Please call us today at 866.457.7590 to speak with a member of our admissions team.
What Is Individualized Care in Addiction Treatment?
Individualized care in addiction treatment is care that is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of each client. This type of care is evidence-based and takes into account the client’s history, symptoms, and goals for treatment.
We believe every client is unique; therefore, we individualize our approach to treatment based on each client’s specific goals.
Some of the factors that we take into consideration when developing an individualized care plan include:
- The severity of the addiction
- The client’s history of substance abuse
- The client’s medical history
- The client’s mental health history
- The client’s family history
- The client’s social support system
These factors play a role in developing individualized care in an addiction recovery plan. Addiction treatment should understand the whole person, not just the addiction.
Why Individualized Care in Addiction Recovery Is Key
When it comes to addiction recovery, one size does not fit all. That’s why finding a treatment facility offering individualized care is critical.
At Red Oak Recovery®’, we understand that what works for one person may not work for another. That’s why we tailor our treatment plans to meet the needs of each client.
We believe that individualized care is the key to successful addiction recovery. Here’s why:
- Effective – You’ll get the exact level of care needed. For example, you’ll receive treatment for both disorders if you have a co-occurring mental health disorder. This is important because treating one condition can often help improve the other.
- Engaging – When receiving care specific to your needs, you’re more likely to be engaged in your treatment. You’ll be more likely to see the benefits when you are more invested in your care.
- Empowering – When you’re in control of your treatment, you’ll feel more empowered in your recovery. You will know that you’re receiving the exact level of care needed, and you won’t feel like you’re being “forced” into anything.
- Holistic – When you receive individualized care, you’ll receive care for your whole self. Addiction affects your mental and physical health and your social and emotional well-being. You’ll be more likely to achieve long-term recovery by receiving care for your whole self.
When we understand that individualized care in addiction recovery is key, we can begin to see the importance of finding a treatment facility that offers this type of care.
Red Oak Recovery® Provides You with Top-Notch Treatment
At Red Oak Recovery®, we believe that every client is unique and deserves an individualized treatment plan. We work with each client to create a customized treatment plan that meets their specific needs. Our goal is to help our clients achieve long-term sobriety and reach their full potential.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, we encourage you to reach out for help. Our caring and compassionate staff is here to help you every step of the way. Call us today at 866.457.7590 to get started on the road to recovery.