With the current drug epidemic being at an all-time high, now more than ever those in need of help have options for treatment. However, with so many options, it can be challenging to determine which programs are the best for you. If you’re in Alabama, you may believe that a Birmingham Alabama rehab program is the only option. Its convenient location and easy accessibility make it seem like the obvious program choice. But before you make a decision, take the time to look at a drug rehab Asheville NC provides for those in need.
What to Look for in a Rehab Program
Before making any decisions on your program, it’s essential to determine what you need. While addiction can affect anyone, treatment should never be one-size-fits-all, and all centers aren’t equal in their quality of care. While you consider a Birmingham Alabama rehab program, be aware of what it offers.
When looking for a rehab program, consider the following:
- Levels of care– A rehab program should include multiple levels of care that provide support throughout your time at treatment. This usually begins with a residential option and works through to aftercare.
- Dual diagnosis treatment– Many clients who need addiction treatment also need help for a mental illness or disorder. Often, this disorder is undiagnosed and leads to drug abuse due to individuals self-medicating to treat their symptoms.
- Range of therapies– To ensure you get what you need from your treatment, it’s helpful to have a wide variety of therapy options. From the more traditional talk therapies to the more unique experiences like wilderness therapy, implementing more than one option can give you the most out of your time in treatment.
- Specialized care– A Birmingham Alabama rehab program might not provide any specialized care, which can be crucial to treatment effectiveness. A rehab center in NC can provide gender and age-specific care that can help clients achieve their recovery goals.
Is A Birmingham Alabama Rehab Program for Me?
As you work towards making a decision regarding your care, take the time to ask the following questions:
- Will a Birmingham Alabama rehab program provide the support I need?
- Do I feel safe remaining close to home?
- Will those who encouraged my drug use have the ability to contact me during treatment?
- Do I have access to drugs or alcohol by remaining in Birmingham Alabama?
- Am I choosing this program because it’s the first thing I found?
If you can answer yes to these questions, it’s time to learn about Red Oak Recovery®.
Red Oak Recovery® is a male-only young adult facility in Asheville, NC. We provide an assortment of services and therapies that allow our clients to achieve their goals of long-lasting recovery. These services include:
Instead of feeling stuck into choosing a Birmingham Alabama rehab program, consider heading to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for your care. To learn more about our program, contact Red Oak Recovery® today at 866.457.7590. Our admissions team is ready to help.